Charge Czar Software
Academic License Agreement
The University of Washington (UW) and Aaron Klammer, William Noble and Michael MacCoss (Developers) give permission for you and your laboratory (Institution) to use the ChargeCzar 1.1.8 software (ChargeCzar). ChargeCzar is a software package for the Determination of charge state for low-resolution tandem mass spectra. UW and the Developers allow researchers at your Institution to copy and modify ChargeCzar, for internal, non-profit research purposes, on the following conditions:
1. The ChargeCzar software remains at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
If you wish to obtain ChargeCzar for any commercial purposes, you will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with the University of Washington and pay a fee. This includes, but is not limited to, using ChargeCzar to provide services to outside parties for a fee. In that case please contact:
Express Licensing Program
UW Center for Commercialization
University of Washington
4311 11th Avenue NE Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98105-4608
2. You retain in ChargeCzar and any modifications to ChargeCzar , the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to ChargeCzar as provided by UW.
3. You provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the ChargeCzar software in your research with respect to bugs, problems and technical difficulties, and that the Developers and UW are permitted to use any information you provide in making changes to the ChargeCzar software. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to:
4. You acknowledge that the Developers, UW and its licensees may develop modifications to ChargeCzar that may be substantially similar to your modifications of ChargeCzar, and that the Developers, UW and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by you in UW's or its licensees' use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the Developers and UW to prepare and publish modifications to ChargeCzar that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if you obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to ChargeCzar you agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers, the UW or by any of UW's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to ChargeCzar from the University of Washington or the Developers.
5. If utilization of the ChargeCzar software results in outcomes which will be published, please specify the version of ChargeCzar you used and cite sources listed below:
A. A. Klammer, C. C. Wu, M. J. MacCoss and W. S. Noble. Peptide charge state determination for low-resolution tandem mass spectra, Proceedings of the 2005 Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference , 175-185, 2005.
6. Any risk associated with using the ChargeCzar software at your institution is with you and your Institution. ChargeCzar is experimental in nature and is made available as a research courtesy "AS IS," without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
UW AND THE AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE