ShareAR Academic License
ShareAR is software developed at the University of Washington by Kimberly Ruth, and Drs. Tadayoshi Kohno and Franziska Roesner. ShareAR is software that facilitates security- and privacy-aware content sharing between multiple users of an augmented reality application (“Software”).
ShareAR is made available through the University of Washington (“UW”) for your (“You/Your”) internal educational and research use at Your university (“Institution”).
The UW and the Developers allow You at Your Institution to modify, perform, display, and copy ShareAR on the following conditions:
- You are a faculty member at an institution of higher education.
- You are licensing Software in Your role as a member of Your Institution.
- Access to the Software is for You and Your students or Institution employees.
- The Software remains at Your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than You and Your Institution employees and students involved in education, research and training under Your supervision.
- If You wish to obtain commercial rights including the right to distribute, publicly perform/display or sublicense the Software, You will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with the University of Washington and possibly pay a fee. In that case please contact: email@example.com
- You retain in the Software copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to ShareAR as provided by UW.
- If You provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the Software in Your Institution, Developers and UW are permitted to use any information You provide in making changes to the Software and you will not allege infringement.
- You agree to acknowledge the contribution Developers and Software make to Your research.
- Any risk associated with using the Software at Your Institution is with You and Your Institution. The Software is experimental in nature and is made available as an educational and research courtesy “AS IS,” without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
UW AND THE DEVELOPERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.