Academic License for Individual Chapters
Epar Bangla Opar Bangla: Bangla Across Borders! is a project ("Project") of the University of Washington, Language Learning Center ("UW") which received funding from several sources over the development of the Materials, including: (2005/2006), U.S Department of Education, South Asian Language Resource Center (SALRC ) Grants 24918/P229A060009 and Grant 32659-B/P229A060009; (2007/2010) U.S. Department of Education Grant A017P070078-09; U.S. Department of Education, International Research Studies Grant P015A060071; the University of Washington International Studies National Resource Center; and, at the end of the Project in 2010/2011), the University of Washington South Asian Center provided funding for the pre-publication formatting and design.
Epar Bangla Opar Bangla individual chapters from the textbook and workbook ("Materials") are made available through via download from the Project website for your personal educational and research use. The Project website is sponsored and maintained by University of Washington Language Learning Center.
UW desires to make the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla available in furtherance of its public interest mission by offering the Materials for use in teaching, learning, or research in Bangla by individuals ("You/Your"). Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials are the intellectual property of UW and protected by copyright laws and international treaties and this license agreement ("Agreement"), which contains the terms and conditions that pertain to Your use of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials. You have no rights to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials except for those rights granted under this Agreement. UW reserves all rights not expressly granted to You under this Agreement.
UW grants a non-exclusive license for Your personal use of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials for the term of the of the copyright, on the following conditions:
1. You shall not grant any sublicense, or otherwise transfer any rights to any third party. UW reserves the right to modify or make improvements to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials at any time without notice.
2. You retain in Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials and in any modifications of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials as provided by UW.
3. Use of the identifiers "University of Washington," or "UW," or "Epar Bangla Opar Bangla" or "Bangla Across Borders", is only permitted to acknowledge UW ownership, authorship, and the development of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials. Any other use of the identifiers requires the prior written approval of UW by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You agree that UW and the Developers retain the sole discretion for all decisions related to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials, including content, format, composition, modifications and improvements to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials. If you obtain rights under copyright, trademark or patent protection for any modification or improvement to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials, You agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your rights by the Developers, the UW or by any of UW's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials from UW or the Developers.
5. You agree that any risk associated with Your use of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials is with You. The Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials are made available "AS IS," without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support. UW AND THE DEVELOPERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE EPAR BANGLA OPAR BANGLA MATERIALS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. You hereby release UW and its regents, employees, and agents forever from any suits, actions, claims, liabilities, demands, damages, losses, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys and investigative expenses) relating to or arising out of any of Your uses of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials under this agreement.
7. You agree to acknowledge the contribution Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials make to Your research or Your activity that results from the use of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials and cite appropriate references about the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials in Your publications. Please cite the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla material as: "Epar Bangla Opar Bangla: http://depts.washington.edu/llc/. Copyright © 2011 University of Washington. All Rights Reserved."
8. UW AND DEVELOPERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE UW'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR THE BREACH OR NON PERFORMANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF PAYMENTS MADE TO THE UNIVERSITY FOR THE USE OF THESE MATERIALS. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY TO CONTRACT, TORT, AND ANY OTHER CLAIM OF WHATEVER NATURE. This indemnification clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement. (Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion and limitation may not apply to You).
9. UW is an agency of the state of Washington and is subject to the Washington State Public Records Act, RCW 42.56 et seq., ("Act"), and no obligation assumed by UW under this Agreement shall be deemed to be inconsistent with UW's obligations as defined under the Act and as interpreted by UW in its sole discretion. No provision of this agreement, express or implied, confers upon any person other than the You and UW any rights, remedies, obligations, or liabilities hereunder.
10. In entering into, and performing their duties under this Agreement, You and UW are acting as independent contractors and independent employers. No provision of this Agreement shall create or be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship between You and UW. No party shall have the authority to act for or bind the other party in any respect.
11. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties concerning Your purchase or use of the Epar Bangla Opar Bangla Materials.