Academic License Agreement
The University of Washington ("UW") and Professors Janis Abkowitz, Peter Guttorp and their laboratories ("Developers") give permission for you and your laboratory ("Institution") to use the HematopoiesisSimulator Software ("Software"). HematopoiesisSimulator is a software for simulating blood production in animals.
UW and the Developers allow researchers at your Institution to run, copy, and display Software, for internal, non-profit research purposes, on the following conditions:
1. Software remains at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
If you wish to use Software for any commercial purposes, you will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with the University of Washington and pay a fee. This includes, but is not limited to, using Software to provide services to outside parties for a fee. To use Software for commercial purposes, please contact:
Express Licensing Team
University of Washington
4545 Roosevelt Way NE Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98105
2. You retain in Software and any modifications to Software, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to Software as provided by UW.
3. You agree to provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the Software in your research, and that the Developers and UW are permitted to use any information you provide in making changes to the Software. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to: Janis Abkowitz, email: email@example.com.
4. You acknowledge that the Developers, UW and its licensees may develop modifications to Software that may be substantially similar to your modifications of Software, and that the Developers, UW and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by you in UW's or its licensees' use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the Developers and UW to prepare and publish modifications to Software that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if you obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to Software you agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers, the UW or by any of UW's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to Software from the University of Washington or the Developers.
5. If utilization of the Software results in outcomes which will be published, please specify the version of Software you used and cite the following reference:
Abkowitz, J., Fong, Y., Guttorp, P., Hau, A. and Harrington, K. (2017): HematopoiesisSimulator. Unpublished software, University of Washington.
6. Any risk associated with using the Software at your institution is with you and your Institution. Software is experimental in nature and is made available as a research courtesy "AS IS," without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
UW AND THE AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.