The Liver Imaging Atlas Academic License
The Liver Imaging Atlas and its database software (“Atlas”) has been developed by researchers and web developers at the University of Washington (“Developers”) with contributions of images and de-identified case notes (“Images”) from radiologists in many institutions The Atlas is made available through the University of Washington, Department of Radiology, Division of Body Imaging (“UW”) for your (“You/Your”) internal educational and research use.
The UW and the Developers allow You at Your Institution to access, download, perform, display, copy, and distribute the Atlas on the following conditions:
- Access to the Atlas is for You and employees of Your Institution.
- The Atlas access remains at Your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Your Institution employees and students involved in education, research and training under Your supervision.
- If You wish to submit Images to the Atlas, You agree that any contributions You submit shall be via email to email@example.com and will follow the Atlas submission process, which will be sent to You by return email by the Developers for Your review.
- If You wish to obtain access or to copy, distribute, perform/display or sub-license the Atlas for any commercial purposes, including fee-based service projects, You will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with the University of Washington and pay a fee. In that case please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You retain in the Atlas copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to the Atlas as provided by UW and Developers.
- If You provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the Atlas in Your Institution, Developers and UW are permitted to use any information You provide in making changes to the Atlas. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to the email address: email@example.com
- You agree to acknowledge the contribution Developers and Atlas make to Your research or Your activity that results from the use of the Atlas and use of the Images and cite appropriate references about the Atlas in Your publications. Please cite the Liver Imaging Atlas as: “The Liver Imaging Atlas: www.liveratlas.org. Copyright © 2010 University of Washington. All Rights Reserved.”
- Any risk associated with using the Atlas at Your institution is with You and Your institution. The Atlas is experimental in nature and is made available as an educational and research courtesy “AS IS,” without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
UW AND THE DEVELOPERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ATLAS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.