The University of Washington (UW) and Professor Stuart Adler, Jamie Wilson, and Shawn Huff (Developers) give permission for you and your laboratory (Institution) to use the Nonlinear electrochemical impedance spectroscopy software (NLEIS). NLEIS is a program to measure, acquire, and analyze high-order harmonic behavior of electrochemical systems that is protected by a United States patent and copyright. The United States Department of Energy supported development of NLEIS. UW and the Developers allow researchers at your Institution to copy and modify NLEIS, for internal, non-profit research purposes, on the following conditions:
1. Institution is a nonprofit institution of higher education or a nonprofit research institution.
2. The NLEIS software remains at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
If you wish to obtain NLEIS for any commercial purposes, you will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with the University of Washington and pay a fee. This includes, but is not limited to, using NLEIS to provide services to outside parties for a fee. In that case please contact:
ATTN: Express Licensing Team
UW Center for Commercialization
University of Washington
4311 11th Avenue NE, Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98105-4608
3. You retain in NLEIS and any modifications to NLEIS, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to NLEIS as provided by UW.
4. You provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the NLEIS software in your research, and that the Developers and UW are permitted to use any information you provide in making changes to the NLEIS software. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to: email@example.com.
5. You acknowledge that the Developers, UW and its licensees may develop modifications to NLEIS that may be substantially similar to your modifications of NLEIS, and that the Developers, UW and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by you in UW's or its licensees' use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the Developers and UW to prepare and publish modifications to NLEIS that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if you obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to NLEIS you agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers, the UW or by any of UW's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to NLEIS from the University of Washington or the Developers.
6. If utilization of the NLEIS software results in outcomes which will be published, please specify the version of NLEIS you used and cite the UW Developers.
7. Any risk associated with using the NLEIS software at your institution is with you and your Institution. NLEIS is experimental in nature and is made available as a research courtesy "AS IS," without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
UW AND THE AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.