ViroBLAST Software License Agreement
The University of Washington (UW) and Professor James Mullins and his laboratory (“Developers”) give permission for you and your laboratory (“Institution”) to use the ViroBLAST software (“ViroBLAST”). ViroBLAST is a BLAST web interface for nucleotide and amino acid sequence similarity searches. UW and the Developers allow researchers at your Institution to run, copy, and modify ViroBLAST, and to offer ViroBLAST functionalities on publicly accessible servers, for research purposes, on the following conditions:
1. ViroBLAST source code files, including all php, html, and other files, remain at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or transferred to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
2. You retain in ViroBLAST and any modifications to ViroBLAST, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to ViroBLAST as provided by UW.
3. ViroBLAST implements NCBI BLAST 2.2.15. As a condition of using ViroBLAST, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions set by NCBI and listed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/About/disclaimer.html
4. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to Dr. James Mullins, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. You acknowledge that the Developers, UW and its licensees may develop modifications to ViroBLAST that may be substantially similar to your modifications of ViroBLAST, and that the Developers, UW and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by you in UW's or its licensees' use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the Developers and UW to prepare and publish modifications to ViroBLAST that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if you obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to ViroBLAST you agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers, the UW or by any of UW's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to ViroBLAST from the University of Washington or the Developers.
6. If you offer ViroBLAST on your server or publish results using the ViroBLAST software, please specify the version of ViroBLAST you used and cite the following source:
Deng W, Nickle DC, Learn GH, Maust B, Mullins JI. 2007. ViroBLAST: A standalone BLAST web server for flexible queries of multiple databases and user's datasets. Bioinformatics 23(17):2334-6.
7. Any risk associated with using the ViroBLAST software at your institution is with you and your Institution. ViroBLAST is experimental in nature and is made available as a research courtesy "AS IS," without obligation by UW to provide accompanying services or support.
8. UW AND THE AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.